Thursday, November 01, 2007

digging up old times.

the days before and after raya had been hectic. i worked for the straight 11 days and *bum* a very bad flu and headache the week after.

it's exam week and i just finished my first paper. i've never scribbled that fast in this semester. even faster than in architecture class, haha. anyways, i'm up to study the next paper. maybe i'll be working during deepavali. have to work out the lazybum.

you see, i have this separate folder for my old pc's files. you know, the kind you migrated into your new one. usually, i don't open up the folder unless raya is approaching, and i need the recipe e-book i kept there. but raya month is nearing an end, and i don't bake cookies like i always did for raya either.

i was looking for a picture of something, when i noticed the rows and rows of text files. some named weirdly and some named after the date of the file itself. when i clicked those files open, i realized this was the other part of me. the other part of me who wants to be heard.
reading those files made me want to cry, laugh, smile and all the other feelings decribable to man. i was so naive back then. no wonder, some people tagged me that back when i was in my late teens. most of it was written during my confusion and trying out new things period.

the times when i never experience backstabbing, yet. the times when i don't even know how to differ between infatuation, crush and obsession. the happy times. the times the only problem is about why i'm still single. the times i don't have to worry about money. the times when my english sucks. i am happy to be within my own peers only.

i still remember that when i wrote the writings, i know i'll be laughing at the way i was back then when i read it in the future.

guess what? my 23-year-old self is already laughing at her 3-years younger self. HaHa.

but i do know some things just don't change. i'm still single, hahaha. though it's not the main priority now. my english still sucks. and i still don't care what people say about me. now, i'm happy on my own.

ah, for old times sake, i wanna make up for the things i missed. come to think of it, i've experience it all. been there, done that. it's just that i'm glad these memories made me what i am now.

so, i'll eat a toast to these writings. made to perfection with a thick slather of butter and a light jam spread, definitely with my preferred cup of tea. *yum* cheers to the memories of the past. it's definitely time to create more to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment