Tuesday, May 27, 2008

a girl who has had her birthday today

when we were in the car,

her: aku suke la lagu ni, kasi kuat sikit.

(lagu kat radio, usher - love in the club)

her: ko dah tengok lum video clip dia?

me: lum, ngape?

her: peh, usher dance best gila. meh aku tunjuk die wat camne

(...while she waited for the song to the specific dancing tune,)

her: (already posed to show me the moves)

me: .... (waited patiently)

(...... the song abruptly ended because on radio they didn't play the extended dance version)

her: eh habis?

i immediately broke into a fitful of laughter. the look on her face when she determinedly wanted to show me the moves and the disappointment. classic!


her: best tak aku nyanyi? (she rendered an off-key of no one)

me: hmmm, ok la (too lazy to argue if i said her singing sucks)

her: kalo aku masuk audition AF sure dapat kan? memang kalo dapat tu, aku nye tagline mestila "TAU TAKPE" (while wagging her index finger)

... i don't need another trigger, the whole car was booming with my laughter.


you're so slow, i don't mind. you're too dependent on us when we're around, i also don't mind. you stand up for yourself when you're on your own, that's good.

you're so poyo, annoying and ticked me off, but i like having you around.

that's for the girl who turned legit today. happy birthday, dear sis. you suck, but i still love you loads. *mwahx*

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found your blog while surfing randomly in my office. What you've wrote really makes me laugh so hard, especially this birthday girl dialogues...lol. You're really funny and you got sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete