Thursday, February 23, 2006

of pet sis and classmate

thinking of: nada. my brain is resting.

back in high-skool, i used to be so popular. apart from being a teacher's daughter, i was the assembly's emcee, the ever arrogant prefect. who hadn't heard of me must have been living in a different dimension. hey, this is not the place where only pretty girls get the limelight, ok?

and being popular doesn't mean you are well-liked. who cares? i didn't ask for it. one of the 'in-things' those days was having a pet bro or sis. they even had the term break/clash when the two didn't get along anymore. hah!

so, getting on with the flow, one freshie caught my eye. let's name her, mim. she looked a lot like one of my closest friend at that time. well, i just wanted to be friends. she took it a level higher.

being a senior, i didn't really get on with the form 4 juniors, including this one particular girl, jay. after mim took the missing cue, i found out, she was jay's, too. err.. as i didn't mean to kacau someone else's pet sis (at that time, you weren't allowed to have more than one sis at the same place), i just leave it at that and letting mim know that this was only between us and our middle-girl.

mim was so rajin to send me those beautifully hand-crafted cards, which i painfully ignored. i just didn't want to get her high on hopes. i didn't even bid her goodbye when i left school. i didn't want jay to know. but i have a picture of mim of which i asked from my fren, as that was a pic of mim with her pet sis.

i didn't contact her when i left school. until this one particular outing my mom forced me to go which was organized by the school's puterians. mim was there. i thought it was her, but when i looked again, it was someone else. until she came and said hi. she was all grown-up, then. we didn't talk much. that was the last time i saw her.

when i was in my final year, i noticed a familiar name in a class i planned to further my studies. it was jay. and it wasn't a nice feeling. i had to be in the same class with jay.

so, being in the same class wasn't hard when u only see each other during lectures, until my lecturer pre-selected names and divided groups according to the names list. guess what? jay and i were partners. i acted professional for the sake of the subject and avoided her anytime else.

another blow came when this guy i like to be friends with in the new class, was her boyfriend. i just have to accept the fact that jay and i were going to cross paths, this way or that way, any way.

so, jay, even if your boyfriend is my good friend, i don't have to like you, or try to. let our paths cross, like i'd cared. i'd attend his wedding, even if his bride is you but don't ask me to like you. and i do understand that you won't like me, either, so be it. i'd mess with some of the persons in your life including one of the most important ones, but please, i won't steal him. stop looking at me and blaming me that i poisoned his mind. i did, but not in the ways you expect me to.

p/s: i rambled a lot these days. pardon me and my loose self.

No comments:

Post a Comment