Monday, July 24, 2006

after the short break..

current y! status: hold on, if you feel like letting go
thinking of: the packed scheduled tomorrow

i've been constantly reminding myself that i shouldn't leave this place to rot, which i have been failing to comply. i was pretty busy with working and learning and having plans.

the sem is already in the third week. a packed one that is, though i am happy that monday class starts at 10 and no class after friday prayers. with the exception of tuesday 8am till 10pm, i am satisfied.

i had been planning for a 3-day-getaway with the girls but turned out they couldn't get away from work so we settled for a wet day at sunway. so, there we were, 15 of us screaming at the top of our lungs on the roller-coaster. we had so much fun, eh guys? can't wait for our next get-away.

we had our crew-picnic too at the beach. it was enjoyable though there was an unforgettable incident i wished i hadn't witnessed. i slept most of the time with airy breeze and shady trees hehe.

i donated blood the other day. my first time experience. it was technically painless and a simple process if not for these two incident:

1- Blood-pressure checkup

Doc : berat ni timbang tadi?

me : yep

Doc : are you having period now? (considering the big pimple i had then)

me : no

Doc : yet period?

me : no

Doc : coming soon?

me : yes

Doc : you're not yet period and still 50kg?(in a shrieking voice). girl, you're not up to the ideal BMI (i'm 19) blablabla... considering your so small size (with distaste), we'll only take a small bag.

2- The big moment

Nurse 1: dik, akak tak dapat cari awak punya urat ni. halus sangat.(while slapping hard at my arm to find the nerve).

finally she did find one, jabbed it and as i relieved, a few seconds later,

Nurse 2: eh, ni tak boleh ni. tengok dah bengkak ni.(i watched with horror as my arm was swollen around the jab). cepat cabut.

and i had to go through the same process as i had to change to the right arm as they couldn't find the right nerve on my left. so, i was left with two jabs on both arms. the funny thing was, the right arm which they took the blood from was fine but the mistaken nerve arm had an ugly bruise as my sister called it, internal bleeding. and it has been spreading like a virus making me look like an abuse victim hahaha!

the nurse made a joke out of my rather petite figure, noting that this whole thing might give me the chance to gain weight. well, that explains my wolfish hunger these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment